Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentine's Day Snacks (21 Day Fix Approved)

This year kiddo's school asked me to make fruit kabobs of some sort for his Valentine's Day party.  Knowing I had to live up to the cookies I brought to the Christmas party, I started to sweat a little.  After a little research and a quick trip to Sam's these are the treats kiddo is taking tomorrow.

These little treats are so easy and healthy.  Best of all, kiddo thought they were so cool.  All you need are clementine oranges, grapes, strawberries, and wooden skewers.

Wash all your fruit.  Then I peeled the oranges.  Next I cut notches out of the tops of the strawberries.


After that, I set up a little assembly line to make everything go faster.


For these, I used two orange sections, seven total grapes, and one strawberry.  Start with an orange section, then add a grape and another orange section.  Then add six grapes, try to choose grapes that are rougly the same size.  Since these were going to a preschool classroom, I cut the pointed end of the skewer.  I did this for two reasons.  First, I know the skewers will be used as light sabers and wanted to avoid a sharp point.  Second, with all the other party goodies, I did not want to make them too big or the skewers too long.  Then add a strawberry.

It took me a little less than two hours to make 48 of them.  Kiddo was so excited about taking them to school, he couldn't wait.  So he got an extra one a day early.  What a sneaky way to get a few more fruits in!

If you are on the 21 Day Fix, 2 skewers equal 1 purple.

I hope you enjoy these yummy treats!   Have a very happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment