Sunday, February 28, 2016

21 Day Fix Apple, Cranberry, and Pecan Slaw

This has been quite the week!

I spent most of last week with the flu and bronchitis.  I think I am one of the few people who might enjoy being sick.  Don't get me wrong, personally I can't stand being sick.  It is such a waste of time.  However, as kiddo gets older and starts spending less time with me, I find I relish the rare opportunities we are sick together.

So I spent most of last week, cuddling and watching TV with kiddo.  I also learned a lot about Skylanders and that whole world!


However, enough is enough!  So today was cleaning and putting the house back together after my husband was in charge of everything last week.  God love him!  He tries so hard, but we are different types of cleaners.

So while we shampooed carpets, did about a million loads of laundry, and general cleaning.  We smoked a chicken and made some yummy sides.



I will share the chicken recipe later in the week, but HAD to share this awesome recipe for Apple, Cranberry, and Pecan Slaw.

The basis for this recipe is an apple slaw we had for dinner when we went out last night.   That slaw was so yummy, but hardly healthy.  So I set out this afternoon to make a 21 Day Fix approved apple slaw.

I was so thrilled when this came together.  I missed the 21 Day Fix food plan last week.  I am so happy to be back on it and eating healthy.

Let me know what you think!

21 Day Fix Apple, Cranberry, and Pecan Slaw

Time:
Prep: 10 minutes

Serves: 8-10, depending on use of containers
Serving Size: 1 Green Container

Containers:
1/2  Green, 1/2  Purple, 1/4  Orange, 1/4  Red

Ingredients:
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup Honey
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar

1 Bag of Shredded Cabbage and Carrots
2 Granny Smith Apples (Cut into thin straws)
1/2 Cup Pecan Bits
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
2 Tbsp Green Onion

Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt, honey, and apple cider vinegar.  Whisk until combined, set aside.

In a large bowl, combine cabbage/carrots, apples, pecans, cranberries, and onion.  Right before serving, toss with yogurt mixture.  Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment